Blog Archive

Saturday, March 8, 2014

An Enchanted Blizzard and a Cupcake

You know that scene from Mary Poppins when Bert attempts to perform magic on the sidewalk pictures, then Mary gracefully jumps into the chalky paintings, bringing the scenes to life? OK well that is what I like to compare Georgetown to. It is one of those places that looks like someone just hand painted for a story book, and then they actually came to life. Although the government declared a snow day on that Tuesday in January (which I found to be quite humorous)we decided to trudge though the so called "blizzard" with blissful hearts, snow covered hair and backpacks full of granola bars. When I say "we" I am referring to myself, Kate and Deirdre. Two endearing new friends of mine that happen to have the same love for unknown territory and adventure as I do. Instant friendship.

We accidentally walked through the Georgetown University Campus, then in the midst of trying to find my absolute favorite paper shop, we realized we were walking right past DC cupcakes, which is apparently famous or something.  The line usually goes out the shop and all the way around the building but since we were some of the few brave souls that decided to walk through the storm, there were only a couple of people in line: IT WAS DESTINY.  And seconds after we placed ourselves in line, a coach bus pulled up to the curb to unload a big group of students who were there to get the goods as well. Our timing was flawless. I thought I would have a big dilemma over what flavor to choose but when my eyes saw the words “CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL” all in one flavor option, there was no turning back. It was lavishly perfect, exploding with whipped filling inside and out. We also by chance found a table to sit at and ate our cupcakes like kids at their first birthday party. Watching the snow fall down (or rather gust through the air) made the pit stop all the more sweet.




Did I really just spend an entire paragraph talking about a cupcake? Yes. It was memorable and I am easily pleased.


The rest of the afternoon we perused from shop to shop and were thoroughly amused by the enchanting little homes we kept passing by. (I'm pretty sure the price of one home there could feed an entire third world country). We finished our little excursion at Potbelly’s, where sandwich lovers are happiest. (I'm definitely referring to myself).  

Georgetown, stay enchanting. 





I think Lady and the Tramp would live in a place like this
Naturally I was drawn to this entrance. 




2 comments:

  1. Take me with you next time alright?? P.S. You are sitting next to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as if I could have written this entire post...because it about the joys of the heart when they encounter beauty through scenery and appetite delights. I knew were were alike, but this post just cemented that reality ;) love love love it.

    ReplyDelete